10.02.2014

Life & Love in Pink

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  In honor of the thousands of women who fight against breast cancer every day, and those mothers, sisters, grandmothers, nieces and friends who have lost the battle, I an focusing on the breast cancer cause with an explosion of pink inspiration.



Incorporating pink into your wedding can be very simple. Starting with the bride and her attire is one of the most striking ways in which to have pink represented on your wedding day.

Your bridesmaids can also make a romantic statement with their dresses, and don't forget the groom and his attendants. No matter the area of your pink focus, you can be as creative and dramatic or subdued and minimalist as you like. Here are some of our favorite pink looks in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Wedding Dresses











BRIDESMAID DRESSES






 Flowergirl




Jewelry






Etsy

 

INVITATIONS



RECEPTION







Belle's Story

Her name was Belle. She was short, like my mom, loved to sing, and made the most amazing homemade biscuits I have ever tasted. I remember her teaching me how to make her delicious biscuits, but I never had the magic touch that made them soooo good. Belle, like many women, carried so much in her soul - secrets, dreams, disappointments, joys, love, fear.

Despite all the pain and hurt she experienced she never stopped smiling. Her smile and her songs are what I remember most about her. Belle lost her battle with breast cancer in 1999. In memory of her beauty and laughter I am dedicating today's post to her daughter Meredith and her four sons that I grew up with in Alabama.

True Blue Love,
Samala



 *How has your life been impacted by breast cancer? We'd love you hear from you!


6 comments: