4.13.2016

Goodbye Boring Wedding Books


Instead of having the traditional wedding book what would you use remember who attended your wedding? No idea? Keep reading...


I recently read a post from Lavishly Lux Studios on alternatives to the traditional wedding book. I am all for that! In fact, I don't even remember the wedding book I had at my wedding (many moons ago). Let's face it, brides and grooms today just aren't into the whole stale wedding book - stand in the line to sign my name, do I really have to fill in my address (yes, this is what most people are thinking).

I digress. So back to the article. So one of the ideas was to create a guest book using Polaroids and Washi Tape. Now I know what a Polaroid camera is, but Washi Tape? Not so much. Googled it!


Washi Tape (a crafter's dream staple) is kinda like masking tape, only prettier and not as wide. According to SheKnows, Washi Tape is "typically made from natural fibers, such as bamboo or hemp, but most commonly from the bark of trees that are native to Japan — the mulberry, the mitsumata shrub or the gampi tree."Interesting! So what does that have to do with weddings and guests books?

Well, just like any photos you have on your phone or in albums, creating a special guestbook with pictures creates lasting memories and hefty laughs more that ink on paper. Ask your wedding guests to take candid shots of themselves and family members and place them in the scrapbook using the Washi Tape.

Now if you're anything like me, you would ask the guest to take the photos and assemble the scrapbook later, because you have OCD and you want the book to be perfect. But that's only if you are a control freak like me. Otherwise, let your guests pick and choose the Washi Tape and let them go wild!

It's a no-brainer. Most craft stores (Michael's, Hobby Lobby, WishyWashi) have a large selection of Washi Tape to choose from. Check out Amazon.com for the latest Polaroid or instant camera. Here are some of my favorites:


 


 If you have any alternative wedding ideas that you are using for your wedding we'd love to hear from you!

With Love,

Samala

No comments:

Post a Comment